Friday, October 26, 2007

When it rains, it...REALLY SUCKS!

OK, so, yesterday, 10/25/07 my car STOPPED while I was driving to the mechanic to see what was wrong with it. So, I had to call AAA and wait in my cold car in the pouring rain for 45 minutes with a smartass cop commenting on what HE thought was wrong with MY car! UGH! My mother came and got me from my mechanic's shop and brought me to her house where I borrowed her old van to get around while waiting for the belt to be replaced on my alternator.

Welllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, fast forward to today, the job that I thought was going to cost $100 is now up to $775!!!! I wanted to fall down and sob right then and there! I mean, HELLOOOOOOOOOOO, single mother running her own cleaning business, NOT collecting child support, and trying to make it on a shoestring budget...can I get a break down here????? Apparently NOT!

My parents seem to think money grows on trees and now they want me to go car shopping with them tomorrow. Well, excuse me, unless they are buying, I am not going! My mother told me I am too negative and not open to her suggestions. Not true! I listened to ALL her suggestions and while they may be fine for her, they are simply not feasible for me. And, apparently, she and my father don't like MY idea, so now she is being all snitty to me and he...well...he probably doesn't much care.

So, this is where we stand now: I will pay the $230 it cost to replace my belts and the one tire that had a bubble in it. THEN, in a few weeks I will go back and replace the compressor. Meanwhile, I will pray that God bestows a little luck on me allows the compressor to not COMPLETELY break for at least 4-6 weeks until I can get the remainder of the cash to repair the car.

Yes, gang, just another fun day in the life of MOMMY!

1 comment:

Cinnamon said...

Where is that man selling the seeds for the money tree when you need him?!