Monday, October 29, 2007

Parties & their Etiquette!



OK, who the HELL decided that RSVP meant "repond please...IF YOU WANT TO"?? I handed out invites to my son's FIRST EVER little kid birthday party. He's gonna be 4 on Nov 1st., so I thought, well, let's do a party. Well, do you know only ONE person responded to me shortly after the delivery of my invites?? Oh, wait, I take that back, one more responded to me the DAY BEFORE the party. WHAT is the issue?? Whenever I get an invitation I immediately check my calendar to be certain that I will have the date free, if it is free I pencil in the engagement, call the host/hostess and advise them we will be there. If it is NOT free I call the host/hostess and aplogize for not being able to attend. Is that so hard????? Apparently it IS cause other people just do NOT call to RSVP! I spoke to another mom who said that when she threw her child's party she only knew of 2 kids coming before the actual party day! When the day arrived, 5 kids showed up. Now, why couldn't the parents of the other 3 kids CALL! UGH! Common courtesy, People! RSVP DAMMIT!




Now, onto the bigger thing: the party itself. It went pretty well. We had stragglers arrive an HOUR after the damned party was to start, one little girl I never expected to show cause her parents never CALLED, and one little boy playing with my son for the nearly the first hour of the party. I was angry and hurt and put out, but I shouldn't have been cause my son was FINE playing with that ONE little boy until the stragglers arrived VERY late! His firetruck cake was AWESOME! He loved it! He got great presents, played some games, ran around inside & out, had balloon battles, ate cake, and generally had a fabulous day!




When I arrived at his school today one of the mothers walked up to me and said "I'm sorry I was unable to come to the party yesterday. How was it??".




I wanted to scream "FINE! BUT YOU NEVER RSVP'D ANYWAY!!!!".




Yeah, so, I guess it's gonna take some time for me to get over the RSVP'ing situation. I'll work on that!

No comments: