Saturday, October 27, 2007

What I have resorted to...

NO, I am NOT selling my body on the street corner. However, I did entertain that idea and decided that it was not a very good one since I have a 4 year old in the house. Jeez! Kids! They always ruin all the fun professions, right? ;)

Anyway, I am selling items in my house. I don't really WANT to, but they are things that I don't really need and can truly live without. However, I cannot live without reliable tranportation and to secure that I need $700 AND I need to still be able to pay the rest of my bills. So, I am selling several items. My son is going to lose his mind when he realizes that the 36" Sharp t.v. that was left for us by a friend is leaving this house. And, I am selling a theater system that I don't even know how to operate anyway! I figure I can get a good $300 from the sale of those things. I bet I am shooting low, but I want the items gone and the cash in my hand ASAP.

I was even looking around the apartment trying to decide what else I could sell and when my eyes settled on my pre-schooler screaming at me...I ALMOST entertained renting him out for work. But, I decided that the authorities might frown on that sort of thing. Ya know, child labor laws and all. Silly things!

But, wait, I JUST got an e-mail notification that SOMEONE wants the JVC system. Now, he tells me to IMMEDIATELY pull my listing and he will send a friend over with a check and pick up the set. Do I seem that stupid???? I mean, really! Give me cash or get the hell out! And, I hardly think I am inviting you INTO my home! I will meet you on the porch in broad daylight with all the neighbors watching, but not in the house. UGH! These people! I hate scammers. I just want honest people who want to take this crap and give me money. Is that so bad?? Well, back to the drawing board. Let's see what else I can sell. Gee, I could seriously un-clutter my house this way!!

No comments: